WHY BLACK CANYON ENERGY EXISTS
We believe that:
- Petrochemical products will continue to provide the building blocks for a broad range of essential products, driving global oil and gas demand far into the future.Furthermore, affordable and reliable energy brings enormous benefits to people across the world, and as a result, oil and gas will supply a significant portion of our energy for the foreseeable future.
- U.S. oil and gas producers will be more competitive if supported by the most efficient gathering services.
- Integrated multi-commodity gathering systems provide a fundamentally superior solution compared to separate single-commodity systems.
- The opportunity exists to generate superior financial returns by a midstream business that focuses on developing integrated multi-commodity gathering infrastructure for U.S. producers.
Black Canyon Energy will be a top-tier midstream company, with a reputation for helping oil and gas producers realize the benefits of integrated water, oil and gas gathering infrastructure and services.
Our mission is to help oil and gas producers, primarily in the Rockies and Permian Basin, improve their top-and-bottom lines by meeting their gathering needs safely, efficiently, and in an environmentally responsible manner through multi-commodity solutions tailored to their operations while generating superior and sustainable financial returns to our shareholders.
Profit Driven Decision Making
- We understand the economic impact of our decisions because generating sustainable profits is essential to ensuring we can deliver on our promises to our producers, partners, colleagues, and investors. We generate the appropriate financial returns required to build a sustainable business with the resources necessary to serve others. We gather and objectively analyze sufficient data to understand the economic impact of our decisions on our producers, partners, colleagues, and investors.
- We exist to serve others. We continually seek to understand the needs of those who depend on us (our producers, partners, colleagues, and investors) and then to exceed their expectations. Sustainable superior profits are the reward for serving others.
- We say what we believe, and we do what we say. We are intellectually honest and speak up when we don’t agree. We are trusted because we have earned it by being trustworthy. We seek to gain the trust of our partners by consistently meeting or exceeding their expectations, and by being open and honest with them if we fail to do so. We strive for alignment in what we say and do through open, honest discussion. Being honest about the successes and shortfalls of our business and industry give us the perspective needed to innovate and improve. Cutting corners is not an option.
- Huddle up! We work together, sharing a purpose, a culture, and goals. We genuinely care for and support, not only our producers and partners but also those with whom we work shoulder-to-shoulder. We work together to pursue achieving our Mission. We want to be true partners with our producers. Instead of merely providing a service, we become an integral part of their operations.
- We never stand still; we are never satisfied. Individually, and as teams, we continuously look at what we do, and ask, “How can we do this better?” Then, we use a systematic approach to take action. Forward thinking, ahead of the curve, innovators, change agents, cutting-edge, creative. Solve problems before they are problems. While we have decades of experience, we are open to new ideas and never want our producers or partners to feel like they must conform their ideas to fit our plans.
- We don’t say, “It’s not my fault,” or “It’s not my job.” We take responsibility for meeting our commitments — our own as well as those of the entire organization. We take ownership of the results.
- We make a difference. We feel rewarded — personally and as a team — because what we do in our jobs is consistent with our goals and dreams. We believe “You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” (Mahatma Gandhi). And, when you are the change, that’s fulfilling! We consider ourselves lucky to associate with the incredibly hard-working people that make up our industry. Witnessing firsthand the countless ways our industry contributes to advancing people and society is very fulfilling.
- We enjoy what we do. We know gathering oil, gas and water is hard work; but even hard work can be fun. We take our jobs seriously, but we feel a fun environment delivers a better experience for our producers and partners while creating a better work environment for our colleagues. We strive for excellence, and we have fun.